Monday, March 23, 2009

My medieval Journal - Medieval Events

Hello there! You will not believe what I witnesses Yesterday! I'll tell you about it. Yesterday I was in the village with my friend Susan who is also an apprentice with Mistress Madeline, we were their shopping for foods as usual, as was Bob the butcher, Ben the bone setter, Pam the potter, Danielle the doctor, and the local marketers, when we heard a horrid scream. Nina, who sells chickens in the market was being robbed! Their were two men, both were dark haired and had handkerchiefs over their mouths and noses. The taller one was a holding a dagger to Nina's chest. I was terrified! They demanded that the local marketers give them half of their food, without any argument and no one to move, or poor Nina would die. The local marketers stood frozen, and the shorter man started yelling very un appropriate language at the marketers. They started gathering up their food and walking towards the men, who were holding open a sack. I was so mad! These fools were going to get away with what they had done. As soon as they had the food they quickly got on their horses and galloped away. I quickly ran over to Nina and gave her a long tight hug. Everyone was gathering around asking Nina if she was alright. She stood up shaking and said she was fine. We all spent hours comforting Nina and making sure she was alright, she gave us each a chicken for less then half the normal price. I went home and told my mother and siblings what had happened and she freaked out, but i assured her i was fine and that everything was OK. Well I had a big day goodbye.

- Charlotte Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment