Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Medieval Journal - My Government

Hello! It is me Charlotte again! Today I am going to talk about Flanders's government! My government is a monarchy feudalism. We have many laws in Flanders and some of them i agree with and some i do not agree with. One law that i do agree with is trial by battle. I agree with this because my family's religion is Christian and I too believe that God will protect an innocent person. A law that I do not agree with is trial by ordeal. I do not agree with trial by ordeal because I think that if the person is innocent then they went through all that pain and suffering for nothing! Conflicts in our country are that other people with different religions have a hard time excepting other people with a different religion, which I think is not fair and that everyone should except everyone no matter what religion. Well I must go cook dinner for Mother, Sally, and Samuel.

- Charlotte Cook

3 comments:

  1. I don't want a list of facts copied from a website. You are supposed to choose a law you agree with and one you disagree with and write it in your paragraph. Please follow these instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte,

    You've found some fun facts there. Keep in mind that if you're living just after the Black Death, trials by ordeal haven't been used for more than a hundred years and the inhabitants of most Flemish cities have been exempted from trial by battle since the eleven-hundreds. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK thanks for the feed back i will fix it :]

    ReplyDelete